News & Events
- Inter College Competition – KALA SANGAM was organized in the campus on 22nd Feb, 2018.
- Placement Cell organized One Day Job and Career Fest on 9th Mar, 2018 where, students were given information about Career Guidance after Graduation in Science, Interview skills and also skills in Beauty & Wellness.
- EVS Examination: Theory on 13th Mar, 2018 and Practicals on 14th Mar, 2018.
- All Add-On-Courses Examination were held on 16th Mar, 2018.
- Swaran Jayanti Annual Function (2017 – 18) was held on 29TH April, 2018 and prizes were distributed to around 500 students. The Chief Guest, Sh. Krishal Lal Bedi, State Minister, Haryana presided over the function. He admired the contribution of the college in imparting higher studies to girls of this region. He announced a grant of Rs. 100000/- for the construction of additional Science Labs in the college. Some teachers were awarded for their Research work and some staff members were honored for completing 25 years of their services to college.
Activities by various Cells of college for session 2017 – 18
Women Cell – Shakti Manch:
Dr. Mumtaz, Dept. of History.
- Women Cell of the college manages to run OPD by Dr.(Mrs.) Janak Arora, a renowned Gynecologist for consultation & medicines.
- College level Mehandi competition on 01/08/2017 in the month of ‘Sawan’.
- On 01/09/2017 pledge against ‘Female Feticide’ was taken by the staff and the students.
- On 27 – 28th Oct, 2017, HB check-up camp was organized in collaboration with NSS Unit.
- On 30/10/2017, Women Cell participated in Blood Donation Camp in college.
- On 08/11/2017, the Cell conducted ‘Road Safety Rules’ Test along with NSS & NCC Units.
- A lecture on Personal Hygiene & Nutrition by Dr.(Mrs.) Janak Arora is scheduled to be held on 08/03/2018 marking International Women’s Day.
Dr. Aarti Trehan, Dept of Chemistry.
- A Personality Development Workshop was organized on 7th – 8th Sept, 2017 for 1st & 3rd year students. Resource persons - Mr. Sohan Singh & Mr. Gurneet from Bulls Eye Chandigarh.
- Organized Scholarship Test for all final year students for free coaching, for competition exams from Bylla Eye A/City. 75 students participated and 46 were given benefits of scholarship by the institute. One students Anita of B.Sc.-III is taking free coaching in evening at the institute
- A Seminar on ‘Tips and Tricks for Competitive Exams after Graduation’ was conducted for all 3rd year students on 18th Aug, 2017. Spokesperson was Mr. Kiran from Bulls Eye, Chandigarh.
- Placement drive for BCA & B.Sc. (C.Sc.): 16 Students participate in pool campus drive at M.M.U. Mullana for Deloite Company on 4th Nov, 2017.
Red Cross Society:
Dr. Pushpa Sharma, Dept. of Zoology
- One day Extension Lecture on International Youth Day was organized in college on 12/08/17 as per directive of AIDS Control Society, Govt. of Haryana, Panchkula.
- The key note speaker was Mr. Varun Kaushik, ICTC Consultant, Civil Hospital, Shahabad (M).
- A short film on AIDS Awareness was also shown.
- A declamation contest was organized on HIV – AIDS, where around 20 students participated and presented their views.
- Seventy five students participated in Poster Making Contest held on 14/08/17 as per directive of AIDS Control Society, Govt. of Haryana, Panchkula.
Dr. Anita Singhal, Dept. of Himdi.
Mrs. Santosh, Dept. of Fine Arts.
Mrs. Urmil Batra, Dept of Music.
- Talent Hunt Show was organized on 1st Sept, 2017 where fresh batch of students participated 10 various competitions. Items were Quiz, Speech, Mono Acting, Mimicry, Poetry, Singing, Instrument playing, Dance, Painting, Rangoli and Jewellery Making.
- Dept. of Youth and Cultural Affairs, KUK organized three days Zonal Youth Festival of Ambala Zone at Govt. College Saha from 6th to 8th Nov, 2017. Our 50 students participated in 34 items out of 41 items. Our college was recommended in 5 items and commended in 8 items.
- Inter Zonal Youth Festival was held from 10th to 12th Nov, 2017 ar DAV College, Sadhaura where 20 students of our college participated in 13 items. Our college bagged 1st prize in 3 items, Sanskrit Play, Mono Acting and Poetic Symposium. We got 2nd prize in Painting, Collage and Rangoli. Ms. Nidhi, BA-III student was declared Best Actress in Sanskrit Play.
- ‘Swarn Jayanti Ratnavali’, National level Haryana Day Festival was organized at KUK from 10th to 14th Sept, 2017 by Dept. of Youth and Cultural Affairs, KUK. Our 3 MA Fine Arts students participated in Painting Exhibition on Haryana Jan Jeewan. Our student Ms. Pratibha was awarded 1st prize. She also got 2nd prize in On-Spot Painting Competition.
Legal Cell & Equal Opportunity Cell – Jagriti Manch:
Mrs. Shavinder, Dept. of Political Sc.
National Voter’s Day was celebrated on 25th Jan – 2018 in which audience (staff & students) pledged to cast their vote fairly and impartially. Pre – Republic Day was also celebrated on that day where the students were addressed and briefed about the significance of Constitution of India.
Dr. Sonia Malik, Dept of Phy. Edu.
- Slogan Writing, Poster Making & Collage Making on Health, Fitness, Yoga and Balanced Diet on 01/9/17.
- HB testing of students in collaboration with Red Cross Society on 25/10/17
- Run for Fun & Run for Unity on 31/10/17.
- ‘Safety Education and Traffic Rules’ exam on 08/11/17.
- ‘Quest’ of Phy. Edu. Was organized on 10/10/17.
- Swarna Jayanti Annual Athletic Meet was organized on 8th & 9th Feb, 2018. Ms. Renu, B.Com – III student was declared as the Best Athlete.